1. Limit the amount of caffeine you consume during the day.
• Turn off the television at least one hour before bedtime.
• Avoid watching the news after dinnertime.
• Begin getting ready for bed 30 to 45 minutes before you plan to be asleep.
2. Do relaxing activities in the hour before going to bed.
• Write in a journal
• Take a bath
• Listen to quiet music
3. Develop a nightly bedtime ritual.
• Note in what order you do things before going to bed and repeat them in the same order every night. For example, lock the doors, turn off the lights, wash your face, brush your teeth and read before going to sleep, in the same order, every night.
4. As you fall asleep, imagine waking up refreshed every day after a restful night’s sleep.
Come back and read Part II for more tips on sleeping well.Share